Ethereal-users: Re: [ethereal-users] SMB Decodes

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:21:48 -0700 (PDT)
something to bear in mind here is that TID's and FID's are assigned on a
per-session basis, and are only valid for that session/tree connection.
this is in stark contrast to the concept of filehandles for NFS, which
are algorithmically generated, and can be converted back to a filesystem
and inode on most systems.

sucks to be stateful, don't it?

nathan