Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] RH6.2 + 0.8.8 src = abit unstable; am I doing anything wrong?

From: Rabie Van Der Merwe <rabie.vandermerwe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:07:06 +0300
I am running RH6.2
with
libpcap-0.4-16ethereal.i386.rpm
ucd-snmp-4.0.1-4.i386.rpm
ethereal-0.8.7-1.i386.rpm

And it worked fine, now I got the 0.8.8 src and ethereal-lipcab but with the
standard ucd-snmp that comes with RH6.2. 0.8.8 complied fine and runs, but
seems abit unstable, I captured fine, but on trying to reopen the cap file,
ethereal reads it in, sits and thinks for a while (no CPU usage) and then
dies with a core dump.

Any Ideas, because if I can't resolve this then it's back to 0.8.7. :(

Rabie