Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] capture filters for windows port

From: "Mark Rubin" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 10:00:12 -0400
Our goal is to capture all port 80 requests from one ip address and only
wish to capture that. We have a lot of traffic on our network and the
capture file would be quite huge without it. We tried writing our own
filters (ip.addr eq 192.168.1.58) and (tcp.port eq 80) and tried to
implement them before doing the capture, but it would give us an error
message (Unable to parse filter string (syntax error)) We've tried switching
the eq to == and tried only listening for port 80 or only listening for a
certain ip address but have been unsuccessful. We have been successful in
using those filter commands after we've already captured a large bit of data
but not trying to use them before we filter. Any advice?

Mark