Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Dissector plug-in for Pro-MPEG CoP

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:54:58 +0200
On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 01:53:13PM +0100, Mark Lewis wrote:
> I have now completed my plugin. I would like to release it so that
> others can benefit from my efforts. What is the proceedure for releasing
> a new plugin?

Please send the diff (Makefiles etc) and any new files to
wireshak-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Also, please try to add a page to
http://wiki.wireshark.org/ProtocolReference and a sample capture to
http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures

> I only have access to a Windows system, and therefore cannot test my
> plugin on other platforms.

Well, just send it and a sample capture and make a note that you could
only test on W32 and then the maintainer that checks in the protocol
will do the missing tests.

 Thanks!
      Joerg