Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Win32 distclean still failing

From: "Cook, Timothy" <tcook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:05:37 -0400
Software Engineer new to Ethereal/WireShark coding!!!!
Back in March '06 I setup an Ethereal build environment on Win 2K, with
no issues.  Everything built first time!!! :))

Since then, new PC, new OS (WinXP), new Ethereal build environment
(setup same as before).  The build environment is based on the latest
code base & libraries (installed by executing "nmake -fmakefile.nmake
setup").

Tried to build from the latest SVN repository (retrieve on 6/12) &
ethereal-0.99.0.tar.gz, however, I received several errors during the
gtk2 build (see attachment).

Is the ASN1 code necessary for Ethereal to perform basic tcp captures?

I commented out the ASN1 from the Makefile.nmake inorder to clean the
source tree.

Commands executed:
	nmake -fMakefile.nmake verify_tools		(completed OK)
	nmake -fMakefile.nmake setup			(completed OK)
	nmake -fMakefile.nmake distclean 	(disabled ASN1 clean)
(completed OK)
	nmake -fMakefile.nmake all			(incomplete GTK2
errors)

I've checked the WIKI & other pages.  I hope the fix is simple!

Thanks in advance.