Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] how do I compile/install a plugin?

From: Nathan Peterson <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:36:58 -0500
Yeah that's exactly what I did, and no *.so file :( I don't see anything in the Makefile that says anything about any *.so files. The *.la file says that the library needs to be installed in /usr/local/lib/ethereal/plugins/0.99.0, but that directory does not exist. I want the *.so file to be in /opt/local/lib/ethereal/plugins/0.99.0 b/c that's where the other plugins are.

One of my friends told me yesterday that plugins have to be disabled on Mac OS X in order for ethereal to compile on that platform. Is this true? Maybe that's what's going on?

-Nathan

kyan-ki kyan-ki wrote:
You just need to have *.so file to add a plugin.
To build it, try "make all" in the directory concerned by the plugin.
Normally, you should have a *.so file copied into :
/usr/lib/ethereal/plugins/0.99.0
or
/usr/local/lib/ethereal/plugins/0.99.0
or
/opt/local/lib/ethereal/plugins/0.99.0
It depends on the directory mentionned in the *.la file.