Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Should the ethereal-users and ethereal-dev lists be moved?

Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:09:01 +0200
On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 15:29 +0200, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> Gerald (and all readers of the ethereal-xxx lists),
>
> I think that all the remaining lists (and their subscribers of course)
> should be moved over to wireshark.org.

Automatically subscribing people to mailing lists without their
permission is probably illegal in several countries, including Germany.
Also it is unwanted, because people might choose to stay on the ethereal
development list and do ethereal development instead of wireshark
development, that is not up to you to decide.

> What do you think?

Just inform the people that write to this list that wireshark.org is
probably the place they want to ask their questions, and let them
subscribe there on their own.

- Erwin

PS: they did the "auto list subscribe" on one of the gtk lists a few
years back, it got pretty much only very negative reactions.