Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] About Dissector added with a "plugin" !

From: "kyan-ki kyan-ki" <kyan-ki@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:28:50 +0000
Hi,

I'm developping an Ethereal plugin to add a dissector for a protocol.
This protocol has a field Mask that I would like to display in binary e.g. Mask : 1100 1011 1010
But I can't find the solution that allows such a thing :

In proto.c, one have :

/** radix for decimal values, used in header_field_info.display */
typedef enum {
     BASE_NONE,  /**< none */
     BASE_DEC,   /**< decimal */
     BASE_HEX,   /**< hexadecimal */
     BASE_OCT,   /**< octal */
     BASE_DEC_HEX,     /**< decimal (hexadecimal) */
     BASE_HEX_DEC      /**< hexadecimal (decimal) */
} base_display_e;

But there is no BASE_BIN for example, in order to insert into (e.g.):
static hf_register_info hf[] = {
	{ &hf_foo_pdu_type,
	{ "FOO PDU Type","foo.type",
	FT_UINT8, BASE_DEC, NULL, 0x0,
	"", HFILL }
	},
};

Has someone a solution for this problem without I have to modify ethereal source code and rebuild it ?