Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Printing an array of bytes to the tree?

From: "Saad Nader" <snader12@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:34:12 -0700

I've tried using the following named field:

&hf_my_hex_string,

{

"A Hex String",

      "myproto.hexstr ",

      FT_BYTES,

      BASE_HEX,

      NULL,

      0x0,

      "",

      HFILL

}

But printing to the subtree never showed anything when the dissector makes this call:

if (tree)

{

proto_tree_add_item(myproto_tree, hf_my_hex_string, tvb, offset, 24, FALSE);

}

Is there anything that I'm missing or is it just not possible to print that many hex characters?

Thanks,
Saad