Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] tcp_dissect_pdus function and not in sequence packets

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:50:08 +0100
I've developped a dissectors that run atop a tcp. As the total conversation span across a few packets, I've had to use the tcp_dissect_pdus function to reaasemble the conversation. Everything works fine 'till there are not retransmission and/or packets losts. What happens, in this case, is my decode function being called even if the whole conversation has not been yet completed; please note that my hook function
guint (*get_pdu_len)(tvbuff_t *, int) works fine.
In particular, my decode function is called in a middle of the conversation, as soon as the not in sequence packet is received.

It looks like the tcp_disscect_pdus does not its work in such cases.
Can you see something wrong in my approach?
Can you please point me to some example I can "copy" from?
I'm using ethereal-0.10.14.
Thanks
   Lapo