Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Help with extending RSVP dissector

From: srinivas reddy <srinivasreddy_m@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:51:58 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
I am new to Ethereal development and need some help in
extending RSVP dissector. RSVP is extended in
non-standard compliant way to support QoS in CDMA
network and a new object is added to send filter
specification to the network. A filter specification
may contain one or more filters. Each filter may have
fields like source address, destination address, TOS,
port numbers etc.

I saw in readme.developer file that each field in a
protocol needs to be registered using an array of
hf_register_info structures. In this case, since there
could be more than one set of repetetive fields, how
do I register them? Is it ok if I don't register them
and parse the fields myself and add them to protocol
tree using proto_tree_add_guint*().

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thx,
Srinivas

Its what inside that makes the difference -- Lance Armstrong