Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] rev 17057: /trunk/plugins/lua/: Makefile.a

Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:17:06 +0100
On 1/20/06, Mark H. Wood <mwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's better to remove unwanted features in the design phase of the
> language.  What's wanted (which should be discussed *elsewhere* as this is
> increasingly *not* about Ethereal) is a general framework for implementing
> product-specific languages.

That's one of the things about lua, by itself it does not even have
print(), it's all libraries that you may or may not want to add.

As things are right now it can read/write to the filesystem without
restrictions that's it, to disable it we need just remove the line
"luaopen_io(L);" from the registration function.

-- Marshall McLuhan