Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Default SSNs for MAP and CAMEL

From: "Tomas Muehlhoff" <tmuehlhoff@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:53:48 +0100 (MET)
Hi all,
I'm aware of that this discussion has been discussed before but
the default SSNs which are set in the Ethereal installation are still not
according to what being used in real networks. Don't you think there's room
for improvement?

Looking at the most recent 3GPP 23.003 6.8.0 gives:

>From chapter 8 for MAP:
0000 0110	HLR (MAP);
0000 0111	VLR (MAP);
0000 1000	MSC (MAP);
0000 1001	EIR (MAP);
0000 1010	is allocated for evolution (possible Authentication Centre).
1001 0011	gsmSCF (MAP) or IM-SSF (MAP) or Presence Network Agent;
1001 0100	SIWF (MAP);
1001 0101	SGSN (MAP);
1001 0110	GGSN (MAP).

for CAMEL:
1001 0010	CAP;

And then we have SSNs 98 and 100 for the Gs Interface.

What do you think ?

//Tomas