Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] AVA - QBSS Patch

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:50:24 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Thomas Sillaber wrote:

> Hola,
>
> thanks for the feedback,
>
> > On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 12:40:47AM +0100, Jaap Keuter wrote:
> > > A few notes on your patch:
> > > - Coding style is not anything like the original file.
> >
> > The coding style is ok. This file is a mess as far as coding style is
> > concerned anyway.
> >
> > >   Different, sometimes inconsistent indentations.
> >
> > Looks ok to me, I fix the indentation to the style I like whenever I
> > touch some code in this file.
> >
> > > - Where do you need the hidden fields for?
> >
> > right. no new hidden fields please.
>
> I want to create filter tag shows if the protocoll is present, to filter
> like bootp.vendor.alcatel (find packets oncluding AVA). The only way I know
> is to set a hidden boolean. If there is another way the please let me know.

Using hidden fields as filter fields is being deprecated for new code.
You can always filter on the visible fields, in this case bootp.vendor.alcatel.vid

> The qbbs_version is to set the version. Why is this a problem?

It's set and only used a few lines lower. Scrap the variable and go for:
proto_tree_add_uint(tree, hf_qbss_version, tvb, offset + 2, tag_len, 1 or 2);

No big deals, just cleaning up.

Thanx,
Jaap