Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] While writing to a pipe, getting some errorneous extra bytes

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:03:07 -0800
John McDermott wrote:

It is possible that stdout is not being set to binmode by ethereal. I do not have a Cygwin system set up with a compiler to test it, but maybe that is at least part of the issue.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how it would cause the extra gunk at the end of each packet, but even if that's *not* the problem, we should be doing that anyway (WinDump does).

We should perhaps also not close the FILE * to which we're writing if it's the standard output (I think tcpdump/WinDump are doing that as well).