Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Installing ethereal in Mandriva Linux 2006

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:58:57 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

1. Ethereal 0.9.16 is an oldy, better use 0.10.13 as per
   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/121010

2. make/make install doesn't get your program registered in the RPM
   package administration. Therefore it won't see what you did.

3. Ethereal does come with GTK1 and GTK2 flavored interface code.

4. You can call it from the command line, as long as it knows how to find
   your X window display (eg in a xterm or through -DISPLAY=0:0)

Maybe post this on Ethereal-users to get feedback from mandriva users.

Good luck,
Jaap