Ethereal-dev: Re: SV: [Ethereal-dev] What's changed with operational dissection?

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:38:57 +0100
Jaap Keuter wrote:
Hi,

Tried this lot at the top of my dissector:

  printf("entering dissector for frame %d\n\r", pinfo->fd->num);
  fprintf(stderr, "fprintf: entering dissector for frame %d\n\r", pinfo->fd->num);
  g_print("g_print: entering dissector for frame %d\n\r", pinfo->fd->num);
  g_message("g_message: entering dissector for frame %d\n\r", pinfo->fd->num);
  g_warning("g_warning: entering dissector for frame %d\n\r", pinfo->fd->num);

Only g_print() and g_warning() do produce output in the Ethereal Debug
Console window.

there's a setting in the preferences file which allows you to set the log level if you want to see the output of g_message(), g_debug(), etc.

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Systems Analyst