Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problem with linking lib in dll.

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:50:35 +0200
EXTERNAL Rabe Thomas (Praktikant ; PA-ATMO1/EES21) wrote:

Hello everybody,
I have programmed two dissectors (called odtp_dda and odtp_pcs)and now try to >>pluginize<< them. While the odtp_dda.dll was created without problems, I get unresolved external messages for three functions when trying to build odtp_pcs.dll. These functions are defined in packet-odtp_dda.c and are included in packet-odtp_pcs via a header file. So I suppose I have to link odtp_dda.lib into odtp_pcs.dll somehow. I tried to do that in the Makefile.am in the directory \plugins\odtp_pcs  (LIBS=...), but without success. Now I'm really stuck. Can anybody give me a hint?
Sure you changed Makefile.am?!?

You should edit Makefile.nmake instead, as that file is used for the MSVC builds.

Regards, ULFL