Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] strcpy harmful, what?

From: Rich Coe <Richard.Coe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:36:33 -0500
/* RANT on */
    I think I missed the discussion where replacing strcpy with g_sprintf
    was considered a good idea.
/* RANT off */

    Can someone explain why it's better to call a function which does
	- varargs
	- parses a string for formatting chars
	- calls strncpy!
	- calls strlen!
    is much better than a simple copy.

    Thanks.
--
Rich Coe		richard.coe@xxxxxxxxxx
General Electric Healthcare Technologies