Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Win32: working on a switch to GTK 2.6.9

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:36:58 +0200
Hi List!

Just in case someone else is working on this, to avoid double effort ...

As the 0.10.13 release is (almost) out, I'm working on an Win32 update of the GTK libs to the current stable version 2.6.9.

While I've done a bugzilla report on the current 2.4.x release, the core maintainer of the windows port (tor lillquist) made it clear that the 2.4 version is quite old and he won't maintain it any longer. As we have some bugzilla entries about Win32 GTK issues (around 5 when I remember correct), I think it's time to switch now.

I've successfully done this, but two things currently remain:

- replace all open(), fopen() and alike calls by there glib cousins (see: http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html for details) - fix a bug, as the directory names e.g. for the libs still contains the 2.4.0 version, which is a win32 porting bug, I'll add a GTK bugzilla for it

Regards, ULFL