Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: New dissectors: H.223 and friends

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:14:04 +0100
Richard van der Hoff wrote:
Guy Harris wrote:

Are those higher-level PDUs always in order, so that there's no sequence number in them? If so, then you should be using "fragment_add_seq_next()".

You may well be right - I'm not entirely sure why Jeff chose fragment_add(), but I imagine it was because he based the code on the TCP dissector.

Ah no, I see the problem with that. The issue is that the iax2 dissector must first mark a pdu as complete, then pass it to a higher-level dissector, which may in turn decide that the pdu was incomplete; so we must have the ability to unmark a pdu as complete.

You can't do this with fragment_add_seq_next(), because it moves complete PDUs to a separate hash table.

I'll work on a fix for the existing logic.

Richard

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Systems Analyst