Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] HTTP body reassembly?

From: Alex Kirk <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:33:01 -0400
> Did you also enable reassembly of HTTP headers?  And does the HTTP
> response have a Content-Length header?

Yes to both.

> If so, could you send us your capture?  There might be a bug somewhere.

Actually, I think that the bug was either in actually applying the changes, or
my ability to notice things. When I was double-checking this behavior just now,
I decided to apply my changes, save my changes, and then close and re-open
Ethereal. When I came back to the packets in question, I saw an "Uncompressed
entity body" tab along the bottom, and sure enough, Ethereal had reassembled and
decompressed the entire response.

Sorry for the false positive. I'll be happy to run any tests you want in terms
of a potential bug with applying these changes, but that's purely at your
discretion, since this might well have just been an error on my part.

Thanks,
Alex Kirk