Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: pinfo->can_desegment Handling (was [Ethereal-cvs] rev 16099:

From: Mike Duigou <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 08:39:17 -0700
Any chance of a more complete explanation of how dissectors should use the can_desegment pinfo field for README.developer perhaps? Handling for this field currently gets no mention in any of the README files.

I've read the description in packet_info.h but am still unsure of what my dissector should do.

Mike

User: guy
Date: 2005/10/03 08:16 PM

 Set "pinfo->can_desegment" before calling dissectors; that's expected
 for dissectors that do TCP-style desegmentation.