Ethereal-dev: Re: SV: [Fwd: [Ethereal-dev] 3G Signaling patch]

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 00:11:01 -0700
Anders Broman wrote:
Checked in.

Unfortunately, having atm_guess_lane_type() check for 802.3 frames by checking the type/length field as if it's a length field, and set the traffic type to something other than LANE if it doesn't look like an 802.3 frame, means that

	1) Ethernet frames with a type field don't get recognized as LANE frames

and

2) that happens even if the capture file contains an indication that the packet is a LANE packet, so that the packet is *known* to be a LANE packet

which means that a lot of captures I have weren't dissected correctly, so I backed out that part of the change.