Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] BUG: printing in windows needs access-rights to root director

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:05:44 +0200
Ph. Marek wrote:

Hello everybody!

Trying to print in windows results an error, as I'm working as a user and the root-directory is not writable for me.
As you are writing to the developer mailing list I assume you are a developer yourself. In this case you should know that's not a good idea to only provide an interpretation of an error message, but provide the exact error message itself.

You should also explain the exact steps to reproduce your problem. There is more than one printing function, so we have to guess which one you tried.

I couldn't find an option for setting the path; please use %TEMP% or %TMP%.
The function tmpnam() is used to get the output path/filename for printing on windows. The function description is a bit hard to understand, but I think it will use %TMP%, so there seems something wrong with your environment.

(BTW: could I have a 0.10.12 with that changed, please ? :-)

No. We won't ship two different versions with the same 0.10.12 version number. That's simply a very bad idea.

Regards, ULFL