Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] International characters in epan/enterprise-numbers

From: "packet steve" <packetsteve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:23:40 -0400
Current SVN.

In file epan/enterprise-numbers some entries have the high-order bit set. E.g.,
7052
 IKOM - IngenieurbM-|ro
   Christoph Kaesling
     kaesling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This leads to errors in creating & later compiling epan/sminmpec.c
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected end of string) at make-sminmpec.pl line 36, <IN> line 89404.

Turning off the high-order bits manually fixes the problem. Is a better solution needed?