Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.12 next Tuesday?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:52:31 +0200
Dinesh G Dutt wrote:

Hi,

I have a few decoders to support FC-SW3, one of the newer Fibre Channel
standards. It's an addition to some of the decoders in packet-fcswils.c.
I'll try and get them in today or worst case tomorrow. Could you please
hold off building 0.10.12 till then ? I apologize for the delay, I was
busy with some other stuff.
Hi Dinesh!

Would you mind to get your changes checked in after the next release is out?

It seems to be a common pattern that a lot of changes are done just before a release gets out. This way, we often get new errors into the release which then remain in the release until the next one, and the whole
problem starts all again.

It's really not about your code at all, but a general pattern.

Yes, and I'm feeling guilty myself for doing this too :-(

Regards, ULFL

P.S: I'm desperately waiting for the next release, which was already "developer announced" more than two weeks before, so we're already a bit late :-)