Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Patch for indefinite length for packet-ber.c and various fixes to

From: "Tim" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:33:52 +0100
I have updated the packet-ber.c to deal with indefinite length, now the
get_ber_length function should return the correct length for indefinite
length encoding.

The tcap dissector has been updated to use this length. I have not
tested other asn.1 dissectors to ensure that they correctly use the
indefinite encoding flag instead of the length value returning zero.

There may also be some problems when re-assembly is needed, but the
ability to deal with indefinite length is much more useful.

For developers the get_ber_length now returns the length of the pdu
including the EOC, where you have dissectors that use packet-ber.c the
eoc may need to be dealt with separately.

The tcap dissector has had numerous changes to make it less cluttered,
and the useful feature of the previous version where a dialogue could be
filtered out by selecting either the source or destination transaction
ID has been incorporated into this version.

Tim