Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Windows Buildbot svn-15078 - ethereal.exe - Entry Point Not Found

From: "Jim Young" <sysjhy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 02:24:19 -0400
Hello,

I just downloaded and tried the Windows Buildbot:
  Version 0.10.12-SVN-15078 (SVN 20050726011825).

  http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/buildbot-builds/ethereal-setup-0.10.12-SVN-15078.exe

On startup of Ethereal I receive the follow message box:

> ethereal-exe - Entry Point Not Found
>
>  (X)  The procedure entry point g_module_open_utl8 could not
> be located in the dynamic link library libgmodule-2.0-0.dll.
>
>  [OK]

This message appears before the display of the Ethereal spash
screen.  Clicking on "OK" allows ethereal to load and run.    I was
able to succesfully open and work with existing trace files.

This same message is also presented each time I attempt to start
a new capture.  Again if I click "OK" I can successfully capture
and work with the new trace data.

I've gone back and tried earlier versions and determined
that this problem first appeared with Buildbot:

  Version 0.10.12-SVN-15061 (SVN 20050725184459)

This problem does not appear to be present in with Buildbot:

  Version 0.10.12-SVN-15055 (SVN 20050725175619)

I hope somone finds this info useful.

Jim Young