Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] zlib version upgrade - security issue

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:21:20 +1000
Please update the version being used in the build.

http://www.zlib.net/

Version 1.2.3 eliminates potential security vulnerabilities in zlib
1.2.1 and 1.2.2, so all users of those versions should upgrade
immediately. The following important fixes are provided in zlib 1.2.3
over 1.2.1 and 1.2.2:

    * Eliminate a potential security vulnerability when decoding invalid
compressed data
    * Eliminate a potential security vulnerability when decoding
specially crafted compressed data
    * Fix a bug when decompressing dynamic blocks with no distance codes
    * Fix crc check bug in gzread() after gzungetc()
    * Do not return an error when using gzread() on an empty file

                -- Dr. Who