Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Win32 NSIS: calling old Ethereal uninstaller (if existing) before

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:54:36 +0200
Hi List!

As other (Win32) installers will call an existing uninstallation program before installing themselves, I'm asking myself if this should be done by the Ethereal installer too.

This is used to uninstall things that are no longer handled by the current installer, making the installer much more "history independent" than today.

For example: if a former Ethereal installer would have uninstalled a file named dontneedme.txt, and the later installer simply overwrites things, it won't even install that file (and so it won't uninstall it either later), this file would be kept until doomsday.

Any thoughts about this?

Regards, ULFL