Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Protocol Identification

From: "Srivathsan_Srinivasagopalan" <Srivathsan_Srinivasagopalan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:54:20 +0530
This info was useful to me as well. Do you mean that at TCP segment
level, ethereal decodes the packet to read the port number (see if it is
20 or 21) or does ethereal gets it from somewhere else? Please let me
know. Also, the "PASV" mode of operation, I am unsure from which level
packet (L-3 or L-4...)it gets such info?

Thanks,
Sri.