Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] soap dissector...

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:27:47 +0200
It will take time but I am working on an advanced xml dissector that
will use DTDs to interpret the data in the xml as fields.

that is:

<country>
    Republic of Ireland
    <capital>
       Dublin
    </capital>
</country>

given the right DTD we could filter with:
 xml.country == "Republic of Ireland" && xml.country.capital == "Dublin"

I aborted recently the Idea of having a single namespace API for
radius, diameter, xml, and mate
I got to the point where I found that either the API would have to be
too complex to fit them all or the dissectors would become much
complex themselves to use a common Namespace library.

I'm almost done with radius, I think I'll go next xml to then go to diameter.

As for SOAP goes if then we can describe it with a DTD we'll be able
to dissect it.

Luis.