Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Good location(s) for the radius dictionary

Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 20:11:52 +0200
That's what I call an answer...

Plus the answer to all the questions that would followed.

Here's what I'll do then:

I'll look first for ./radius/. in the user prefs directory, then in
the data dir.

as for report_failure() I build the string with any i/o problems
and/or parse errors in the scanner, If the scanner fails gives that
back to the user with all the errors in a single dialog (much like
MATE does).

The file formatS ARE thOSE of FreeRADIUS (It does not have realy an
uniform way to manage vendor attributes).

I'm using their unmodified dictionary ignoring the attributes whose
code > 255 (they use those  for configuration, not packets). I'll add
the stuff we have and they don't in the next few days and submit it to
them.

As for the filterable fields: I'm putting in everything I find there
converting their name
"User-Name" => "radius.User_Name".

Other than that it will allow other dissectors to register their own
avp dissectors (like GTP's QoS negotiation AVP). I aborted the Idea of
using dissector tables beacuse it was very cumbersome to have to
register an entire protocol for each avp to be dissected.

I'm at a good point but I'll wait anyway until after the next release
to check it in.

Luis

-- Marshall McLuhan