Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] XPRESS/RPC MS Exchange Server DE-compression?

From: Sherry Markova <sherry_markova@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:02:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All!
:)

Anyone have a clue or a hint they can throw my way
regarding the decompression of MS Exchange RPC
message data? Ethereal does a nice job parsing the
TCP header, but gives up quite quickly after realizing
that it's an MS Exchange RPC message. I have been able
to decode the packets down to the data level, but now
find that it is compressed by some nasty little
algorithm... ugh. I've been able to decode it a little
bit, and have found two different modes (char and
object), and can even correctly predict the control
block (4-byte) locations. Problem is, that I can't
make heads or tails of the control block data...
Any help out there?

Thanks!

Sherry

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions � no fees. Bid on great items.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/