Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Registering filter fields during dissection time

From: Senthil Sundaram <ssundara@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:33:15 -0700
Hi,

Is it possible to register filter fields from within your dissection routine?

i.e proto_register_field_array() - can this be called from the dissection routines? Reason being, I dont know all the fields during the protocol registration time. I know most of the fields for my protocol during dissection time only. The payload for my protocol is in the form of type-length-value form, so the fields are discovered during dissection.

This means the display filters have to be refreshed after the dissection is complete

Is this possible?

Thanks
Senthil