Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Dissector design question

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 03:46:58 -0400
See packet-tftp.c and packet-snmp.c

See the handling of conversation and registering/unregistering
protocol handlers.

This was successfully used for an implementation that started by using
TFTP and then switched over to do SNMP on the very same socketpair.

Though I think you should probably collapse the two
dissectors/protocols into a single dissector/protocol and just use
heuristics inside to determine what it is.