Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Decoder For a New Protocol

From: "Anders Broman (AL/EAB)" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:32:42 +0200
Hi,
If SOAP inside HTTP uses something like:

The first and easiest thing to do is to add this content type to the text and xml content type
dissectors:

/ethereal/epan/dissectors/packet-text-media.c
 line 173.1 dissector_add_string("media_type", "application/soap+xml", text_lines_handle);

Then in the xml parser:

ethereal/plugins/xml/packet-xml.c
line 137.1 dissector_add_string("media_type", "application/soap+xml", xml_handle);

The later will give you some filter possibillities, if you want to do more you'll have to write a dissector
( see the developers guide) which registers it self in the media_type table ( and delete the two lines above ),
see packet-isup.c for an example how it can be done(application/ISUP).

Best regards
Anders