Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Day name and Month name used in ethereal-cvs ML

From: Motonori Shindo <mshindo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:20:31 +0900 (JST)
This is off-topic to this list, but I don't find anywhere else that is
suitable for a topic like below.

For example, 'Date:' header used in e-mails sent to ethereal-cvs
mailing list has the following format:

  Date: Sunday 26 June 2005 21:11:23 -0000 (GMT)

while RFC2822 (and RFC822) specifies day-name and month-name as

  day-name        =       "Mon" / "Tue" / "Wed" / "Thu" /
                          "Fri" / "Sat" / "Sun"

  month-name      =       "Jan" / "Feb" / "Mar" / "Apr" /
                          "May" / "Jun" / "Jul" / "Aug" /
                          "Sep" / "Oct" / "Nov" / "Dec"

Due to this, some e-mail client can not recognize Date: header used in
ethereal-cvs mailing list correctly. If there is no compelling reason
to stick with this date format, I think it would be better to change
it to a format compliant to RFC(2)822.

Regards,

Motonori Shindo