Ethereal-dev: Re: Fwd: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal patch: limit capability set under Linux

From: Thomas Anders <thomas.anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:47:39 +0200
Ulf Lamping wrote:
Wouldn't it be a good idea to do it the other way round? Usually running
Ethereal in user level and raise capabilities (somehow like su does it),
when needed while capturing.

Unless we're talking about different things here, there's no painless way to "raise capabilities" -- and that's by intention since it's the whole point of dropping (or not having) them in the first place.

+Thomas