Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] making DocBook docs, JAVA out of memory

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 01:51:16 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> Joerg Mayer wrote:
>
> >IIRC, you have a Suses system at hand - just have a look at /etc/xml/*
> >To me it looks like you use global urls for the dtd, xml etc files.
> >All tools working with this kind of file check some global catalog file.
> >In that catalog file the global urls are redirected to local files.
> >The big question is: do the cygwin tools have a common directory (and
> >maybe even populate it correctly)?
> >
> Some background:
>
> cygwin uses a common dir (in my case c:\cygwin) as a root for it's own
> files. Something like a chroot to this dir is done (don't know the exact
> details here).
>
> So I have c:\cygwin\bin, c:\cygwin\etc, ... you get it :-)
>
> In /etc/xml there's only one file, named catalog (without .xml
> extension!), containing:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
> V1.0//EN"
> "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd";>
> <catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
>   <public publicId="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
> uri="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/"/>
>   <rewriteSystem
> systemIdStartString="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/";
> rewritePrefix="/usr/share/xml/docbook/4.2/"/>
>   <rewriteURI
> uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/";
> rewritePrefix="/usr/share/docbook-xsl/"/>
> </catalog>
>
> After renaming the "private" catalog.xml to catalog.xml.old (in
> "D:\...\subversion\docbook" where my Ethereal sources reside), I've got:
>
> $ make eug_html_chunked
> echo -n '<!ENTITY SvnVersion "' > svn_version.xml
> svnversion -n .                   >> svn_version.xml
> echo '">'   >> svn_version.xml
> --- HTML CHUNKED ---
> mkdir -p eug_html_chunked/graphics/toolbar
> cp graphics/*.* eug_html_chunked/graphics
> cp graphics/toolbar/* eug_html_chunked/graphics/toolbar
> "xsltproc" --stringparam base.dir eug_html_chunked/ --stringparam
> use.id.as.filename 1 --stringpara
> m admon.graphics 1 --stringparam admon.graphics.path graphics/
> --stringparam section.autolabel 1 --s
> tringparam  section.label.includes.component.label 1 --nonet
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/
> xsl/current/html/chunk.xsl user-guide.xml
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/c
> hunk.xsl
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/chu
> nk.xsl"
> cannot parse
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/chunk.xsl
> make: *** [eug_html_chunked] Error 4
>

> So although there seems to be a global catalog file, it doesn't seem to
> be used. I've tried to rename /etc/xml/catalog to /etc/xml/catalog.xml
> [...]

Hmmmm, I've seen that before. But I've currently no access to that box.
The thing is that the URL demands network access, but that is blocked from
the Makefile. This is expected to be solved by the catalog. In your case
there seems to be a package missing which supplies the required entry in
the catalog. I don't know which one. docbook-xsl mabe?

Greetz,
Jaap