Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to convert binary file to libpcap-style capture file

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:36:07 -0700
David Francois wrote:

I think text2pcap.exe can't read binary file.

Correct. Its name is "text2pcap" - "text" "to" "pcap" - indicating that it reads a text file, not a binary file, and converts it to a libpcap-format file.

Can I use text2pcap.exe or any other program to convert binary file to libpcap-style capture file?

You could use text2pcap if you also write a program to read your binary files and write them out as a hex dump in a format text2pcap can read.

I don't know whether there are any other programs, although I guess you could write your own, using libpcap.