Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Patch for Ethereal 14551

From: Mike Duigou <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 13:59:49 -0700
Another patch which adds yet more JXTA functionality. Please apply to SVN.

to_str-14551.diff : a patch to to_str.c which adds support for printing AT_STRINGZ address type. Amazing that this wasn't there!

JXTA uses URIs for addresses. I was tempted to add an AT_URI type to addresses.h but still not sure if that would be useful/good idea. Any thoughts?

jxta-14551.diffs : a patch which adds support for displaying jxta conversations and endpoints from the 'Statistics' menu. Also adds :

- a generated field to Welcome messages to indicate whether this welcome is from the initiator or the receiver. You can filter on this field with 'jxta.welcome.initiator==[0|1]'

- Marks the source and destination fields of message added in the last patch as generated fields. (Saw it being done for some other protocol).

- Cleans up dissection of Message which used to assume it would dissected more than one set of hdr/message per tvbuff. Now it only attempts to dissect one.

- Uses GMemChunk for tap info and for conversation data rather than g_malloc() There's still a major leakage of g_malloc()ed the c-strings which are used in jxta addresses. Any suggestions for how these can be allocated such that they can be freed re-init is called would be appreciated. For address objects whose data ptr doesn't point into a tvbuff it's not clear what the lifecyle of an address object is.

- Fixes a bug with filling in the of the transport layer conversation data. >= vs. >

Mike