Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Buildbot crash output (bug in LMP dissector)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 08:26:30 +0200
Buildbot wrote:

>Problems have been found with the following capture file(s):
>
>http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/buildbot-builds/randpkt/editcap.42a137ed.pcap
>

>Error information:
>(no core file found)
>

>stderr follows:
>
>** (process:46422): WARNING **: Dissector bug, protocol LMP, in packet 1008: proto.c:1615: failed assertion "hfinfo->type == FT_BOOLEAN"
>Not decoded yet in packet : 1361  [unknown sequence extension]
>

>Bug 227 posted.

I had a look a the cause of bugzilla #225, #226, #277.

line 258 in epan/packet-lmp.c causes problems:

  LMPF_MSG_SERVICE_CONFIG           =50,

this results in a hole in the enum, causing real problems in line
1028/1030 as this tries to add a hf which just don't exist (e.g. for
message_type 49).

I don't know the correct/intended solution to this...

Regards, ULFL