Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Requested Feature: Compare packet streams.

From: "Bill Ward" <Bill.Ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:22:59 -0500

Hello,

After looking around the website I was unable to find this ‘feature’.   I have an in-line product, which may or may not be messing with the packets.  (It is designed to do this, but not all the time).  I would like to have a process to compare the 2 streams (one taken on each side of my product).  While it may be difficult to align the stream, I have taken care of this for my case, by visiting a website that would not normally be visited (www.purple.com).  When I see the DNS a record request, I know they are in sync.

Please let me know if you know any way that I can do this currently.  If there was a way that I could export some information I could use compareit (http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm ) to do this quickly.

Please let me know.

PS.   Thank you VERY much for all your time and effort in making this product a defacto standard for packet capture.

Respectfully,

William D. Ward

847-637-4047

Western Region Sales Engineer

TECH SUPPORT:

Here are the ways to receive eSafe support:

1.       Contact your reseller for direct support

2.       Open or monitor a case        http://wts.ealaddin.com

3.       Send email to                 ess@xxxxxxxxx

4.       Contact us at                 800-677-1587

5.       Visit our Support forum at:   http://www.esafe.com/forum