Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Conversations and documentation

From: Julian Onions <julian.onions@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 19:22:40 +0100
On 6/1/05, Mike Duigou <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Julian Onions wrote:
> > On a slightly different topic - whats the best way to contribute to
> > the documentation if I were to feel so inspired? Having just got
> > multi-packet sequences decoded, I thought I could improve that area of
> > the PDF if I knew what to edit.
>
> Which PDF are you referring to?
>
> The most complete documentation for Ethereal development is generally in
> the README.developer and other README files in the doc folder of the source.

OK - coming to this fairly new, I wasn't sure if the collection of
README files or the docbook stuff which generates the PDF that is
refered to on the WIKI page was the target for changes.

The README's which are far better for developing against as they seem
more current, but are a little less friendly to read.

So I guess the question is, if I were to write some stuff which target
would be better to aim for?

Julian.