Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] VNC Support?

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:19:04 -0500
Ok, but that wouldn't necessarily have to be the case.  For example, it
might be useful to include the source for a dissector in the svn
archives before it's considered ready for prime-time or during its early
stages of development (as Ulf indicated the vnc dissector seems to be),
but not include the file in the Makefile.common list of dissectors.
That way the source could be made available for folks to critique,
contribute to, etc. before actually being included in a release.  Just
an idea, but perhaps it's simply best to include it and get people using
it then continue development as the need/desire for better dissection
arises.