Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] How to trace Ethereal on WinXP using MSVC++?

From: "RABRET Laurent RD-MAPS-ISS" <laurent.rabret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:40:53 +0200

For visual Studio 2003 (but it should be similar with older releases) create a new project/solution:

-        File / New / Project / General / Makefile Project

-        Enter this information :

1.     on build command line: nmake –f makefile.nmake (packaging)

2.     on rebuild command line: nmake –f makefile.nmake (packaging)

3.     on clean command line: nmake –f makefile.nmake distclean

4.     on output command line: $(SolutionDir)\ethereal.exe or $(SolutionDir)\ethereal-gtk2.exe

Caution: the project (XXX.sln, XXX.vcproj etc…) must be moved to the Ethereal root folder otherwise, you would have to change default directories.

Regards

Laurent