Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: IA5String

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:55:29 -0400
See packet-per.c  dissect_per_IA5String() for how an IA5String is
decoded in PER.
I assume you mean PER since h225 is PER encoded.

It is impossible to know how a PER IA5String is to be encoded without
having the full ASN.1 definition for the field.

If you want to know what it encodes as you MUST provide the full
definition of the string. I.e. the    FROM  part of the definition
since this affects the number of bits each character is encoded as as
well as the translation of the value encoded into the ascii symbol.

I.e. your question can not be answered without this information.