Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Capture engine: current state (some minor bugs currently remain!)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:58:35 +0200
Hi List!

As reported before, I've changed the capturing engine so the "two task
model" will be used regardless of users settings.

The capturing itself seems to work fine, but there are some minor bugs
still remain, at least when you don't use the "Update list of packets in
real time":

- "greying" of menu and toolbar items are inappropriate while capturing,
fix will be done ASAP.

- Win32 only: frequently the message box: "The capture file appears to
have been cut short in the middle of a packet." will appear, when you
finish a capture using the toolbar icon. Guess: This has to do something
with the way we close the capture on win32 (hard shutdown of child).
Don't know why this bug doesn't appear when using "update list of ..."
and don't know any fix for now :-(

There might be other new capturing related bugs around, please report.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: My main notebook will be repaired next week, so there might be
times when I'm not able to do any bug fixing, sorry. Mail will be
usually available.